Tendring Music Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to say "Hello"

3 posters

Go down

Just to say "Hello" Empty Re: Just to say "Hello"

Post  colin crane Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 am

Glad to see you "made it here" David...

We know such forums as ours are not everyone's ideal but its a good method to catch up & keep up...

Personally I have very limited time to offer BUT am happy to offer whatever I can...!

Regarding your own  playing status mate then I believe we CAN offer you something...? we can chat about that 'one to one' maybe...?

I didn't set up a follow up meeting  too soon as I am awaiting a couple of new members  to return from work commitments out of the area, there's a potential of 2 or 3 others who have showed an interest in joining us...?

We cannot force people to be interested in what we do but my purpose was just to START something going...all long journies need that first footstep etc etc...
I also realise that its getting towards "that time of year" too when folks have other things going on atm... Wink

Anyway, now you have found us here then feel free to use the facility...the "PM" on the right allows you to post  privately to whoever you wish here
(in case you weren't aware of the PM mode...IF you receive a personal message then its indicated on the top of the page between "profile & Log Out" it'll say "you have 1 new message" etc)...
Speak soon
colin crane
colin crane

Back to top Go down

Just to say "Hello" Empty Hi Guys

Post  David Bryant Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm still trying to navigate my way round this website. I'm not too hot when it comes to technical stuff.

Yes, it was good to meet up at the Ship. I'm pleased to see these posts because I was a little concerned that matters had come to a bit of a halt. This is all new to me. I've never played in a band and, apart from my Bass Guitar lessons, never play with other musicians. Like you, Derek, I think it'd be good to take things to the next level. I see you're an intermediate player. I would hesitate to call myself anything other than a beginner but I like to think that I've got some idea of what I'm doing now. You, Digger, appear to be the Grand Master.

Anyhow, if anyone fancies getting together and making music (or in my case, a racket) then do let me know. In the meantime, I'll carry on practising.

Thinking about it, perhaps we should have arranged the next meeting at the last one. Mind you, it's not that sort of set-up. Anyway, I thought I'd post this just to keep in touch.

Kind Regards all

David

David Bryant

Back to top Go down

Post  colin crane Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:14 pm

So agree Derek...I have spent well over 50+ years of doing exacto that too...sort of... Wink

These days I mainly get to just play at home, although I do have a small studio kitted out with just about everything I need, although theres not the space to leave my drums set up affraid  
I do find that I really benefit from regular piano/keys and guitar practice, espesh since I recently  bought a Hammond keyboard (now condensed  from a huge standard B3 into a standard keyboard size...)
I now need the practice just  to suss out all the settings... Rolling Eyes

I do read & write music and have written quite a few pieces for "others"...I also  transpose and arrange various pieces too, having had a fairly  strict muskical upbringing from childhood ... giggle
Luckily I can play a variety of guitars & have similar guitar styles to you but have also experienced those old standard 50's styles too...I'm not so fast these days cry since the fingies start locking up more often now...?

I've always been a drummer since childhood too and recently drummed for a fairly well now Rockabilly band reaching No 2 in last years R-a-Billy charts...I have played in jazz also dance band/big bands, as well as the usual rockyrolly gigs over the years and used to practice to the Gene Kruper methods way back..!

These days I no longer want the travelling OR too many late nights, so now feel that a sort of semi retirement is on the cards and just want to do odd local work just to keep playing...!
My desk in the studio will still be busy though I bet...? giggle Mutley
colin crane
colin crane

Back to top Go down

Just to say "Hello" Empty Just to say "Hello"

Post  Derek J Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Hello! I was pleased to be able to attend the first meeting of the TMW - many thanks Digger for taking the initiative - and it was good to meet the others who were at The Ship. I play 2nd guitar (intermediate - not advanced) - rhythm, riffs, harmony lead. Wide taste in music but playing mainly bluesy/classic/hard rock. Main guitar heroes are Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Gary Moore and EVH - not that I play like any of them! I play in a classic rock rehearsal band every couple of weeks usually and am also up for writing some originals as well as playing covers, if anyone's interested. I reckon the best way to improve as a player is not just to practice at home but by working with other people if you get the chance.

Derek J

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum